VICTORIO H. MACASAET, JR.
- General Corporate Work
- Foreign Investments
- Estate Settlement
Admission to the Bar
- Admitted, 2000
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Law (Juris Doctor, Second Honors)
- De La Salle University (BS Legal Management)
- La Salle Green Hills
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Currently a member of the board or corporate secretary in various corporations, such as Acom Consumer Finance Corp., Enomoto Philippine Manufacturing, Inc., Kerry Manufacturing (Philippines), Inc., Kowa-Emori Philippines, Inc., Kapco Manufacturing, Inc., Philippine Women’s University, Sharp (Phils.) Corporation, TACT Home Global Design Corp., and Whitespace, Inc.
- Member, Philippine Taekwondo Association
Mr. Victorio H. Macasaet is a partner in Siguion Reyna, Montecillo & Ongsiako. He joined the firm in 2003. Prior to joining the firm, he worked at Sycip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan from 2000 until 2003.
He took the Bar examinations in 1999, and was admitted to the Bar in 2000 after the results of the 1999 Bar Examinations were released.
Currently, Mr. Macasaet mainly handles foreign investments. In the process, registration of corporations and inward remittances, advising on compliance with nationality restrictions, laws (including criminal laws), organizational and corporate structures, investment incentives, joint-venture agreements, and other related matters, involving a myriad of industries (such as food processing, computer-related, automotive parts and chemical manufacturing, telecommunications, energy, land development, financing, consulting, security, non-profit organization, overseas recruitment agency, language school, animation etc.). Mr. Macasaet also handles litigation and estate settlement, on a limited basis.
Previously, he has also handled intra-corporate controversies, rehabilitation cases, civil and criminal litigation, and build-operate-transfer law-related matters.
He took part in a major international arbitration case regarding an infrastructure project in the Philippines. Within this, he worked closely with European and American law firms, reviewed and analyzed thousands of pages of documents and contracts, drafted opinions and pleadings, and attended meetings and hearings in Washington, D.C. He also participated in criminal and civil proceedings, including expropriation and collection suits.
Mr. Macasaet has also represented clients in criminal litigation and labor law matters.
He was the National President (1991–1992) and Vice President for Exchange (1990–1991) of AIESEC Philippines Foundation, Inc. He was with the DLSU Tae Kwon Do Varsity Team and is a member of the Philippine Taekwondo Association and the Tae Kwon Do Blackbelt Brotherhood (TBB-10).