ELITA JOY G. PINGA-QUICHO
- Commercial law
- Corporate litigation
Admission to the Bar
- Admitted, 2004
- University of California at Berkeley (LLM with Certificate of Specialization in Law and Technology, Graduated with Distinction in the Dean’s List)
- University of the Philippines College of Law (LLB/Juris Doctor, Dean’s Medal for Academic Excellence, Order of the Purple Feather, Top 8 of the Graduating Batch)
- Ateneo de Manila University (BS Legal Management, With Honors, Bronze Medal for Academic Excellence)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member, UP Law Alumni Association
- Member, Ateneo Alumni Association
- Member, Berkeley Law Alumni Association
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Corporate Secretary, Warner Music Philippines, Inc.
- Director/Corporate Secretary, MullenLowe Treyna
- Corporate Secretary, GE Power Philippines, Inc.
- Corporate Secretary, Hongkong Land Philippines Development, Inc.
- Corporate Secretary, Transaction Network Services PHL, Inc.
- Corporate Secretary, Vikand Medical Solutions, Inc.
- Trustee/Corporate Secretary, Aawitan Kita Foundation, Inc.
- Professor, UP College of Law, Persons and Family Relations and Obligations and Contracts
- Professor, Universidad de Manila College of Law, Corporation Law and Persons and Family Relations
- Professor, University of Makati School of Law, Corporation Law and Law on Sales
- Professor, Manila Adventist College School of Law and Jurisprudence, Corporation Law
Awards and Publications
- Public Policy Journal, Vol. X, No. 2 (July-December 2006 issue)
- The Child Witness and the Law: The Truth and Nothing But
- co-authored with Atty. Anna Victoria M. Veloso
Ms. Elita Joy P. Quicho is a Partner in Siguion Reyna, Montecillo & Ongsiako. She joined the firm in December 2008.
Ms. Quicho’s practice includes commercial law and corporate litigation.
As a commercial law practitioner, Ms. Quicho has rendered legal advice and transactional assistance to both Philippine and foreign clients on a wide range of issues. She enjoys working on cross-border corporate and commercial transactions, project finance and mergers and acquisitions, involving such industries as telecommunications, energy and power, online gaming, banking, property development, media and advertising. She has advises clients on their data privacy, competition and anti-trust concerns. She has supervised major due diligence projects of the firm on key players in the pharmaceutical, cement, offshore banking, business process outsourcing, maritime tourism, real estate and online gaming industries. Ms. Quicho’s practice also includes dealings with Philippine regulators such as the Securities and Exchange Commission, Philippine Stock Exchange, and the Bureau of Internal Revenue, as well as being appointed as corporate secretary and director for various Philippine companies.
Ms. Quicho’s extensive background in commercial law has also led to her participation in important corporate litigation matters handled by the firm involving shareholder disputes, corporate rehabilitation, debt recovery, corporate fraud government contracts, and commercial arbitration.