FRANCES GRACE ALLYANA E. ORBETA-NOLASCO
- Corporate and Tax
- Ateneo de Manila University
- Admitted to the Bar, 2013, Philippines
- Certified Public Accountant, 2008, Philippines
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LL.M. European Master in Law and Economics)
- Hamburg University (LL.M. European Master in Law and Economics)
- Aix-Marseille University (Master Droit Economie Gestion, mention Economie du Droit, spécialité Business Law and Economics)
- University of the Philippines (Juris Doctor)
- University of San Carlos (B.S. Accountancy)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines, RSM Chapter
- Member, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, UP Women Lawyers’ Circle
- Director, Crossfuze Pacific Corporation
Awards and Publications
- Tax on corporate transactions in Philippines: overview, Thomson Reuters
- Tax on corporate lending and bond issues in Philippines: overview, Thomson Reuters
- Philippine Chapter of Getting the Deal Through (Tax Controversy), 2016
Ms. Orbeta-Nolasco is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate and Tax practice. She joined the firm in 2013.
In the Corporate practice, Ms. Orbeta-Nolasco has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments, and divestments in a broad range of industries. She also regularly advises clients on general corporate matters.
Among her recent transactions, Ms. Orbeta-Nolasco handled the financing deal for a landmark P42 billion (US$771 million) acquisition of telecom towers by an international operator.
As part of the Tax practice, Ms. Orbeta-Nolasco regularly advises clients on taxation of local and cross-border transactions and assists them in achieving tax-efficient international corporate and deal structures. She also handles tax controversies and has successfully represented clients in tax assessment protests, including a judicial protest of a P4.47 billion (US$82.3 million) internal revenue tax assessment.