JONALYN G. PORQUEZ-SAMPIANO
- Arbitration and mediation
- Intellectual property rights
Admission to the Bar
- Admitted, 2013
- San Beda College Alabang, School of Law (Juris Doctor; Valedictorian; recipient of the Judge Agustin P. Montesa Award for The Most Outstanding Law Graduate for the Class of 2013; The Bedan Review, Editor-in-Chief, AY 2012-2013; SBCA Bar Operations, Academic Head, AY 2012-2013; Dean’s Lister (First Semester, S.Y. 2009-2010; First Semester, S.Y. 2010-2011; Second Semester, S.Y. 2010-2011; First Semester, S.Y. 2011-2012; Second Semester, S.Y. 2011-2012; First Semester, S.Y. 2012-2013; and Second Semester, S.Y. 2012-2013) [JD]
- University of the Philippines, Diliman (BS Biology)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member, IBP PLLM Chapter
- Member, Philippines Bar Association
- Adjunct Faculty in San Beda College Alabang School of Law (2014 to present)
Awards and Publications
- The Bedan Review, AY 2012-2013
Mrs. Jonalyn G. Porquez-Sampiano is a partner in Siguion Reyna, Montecillo & Ongsiako. She joined the firm in 2014.
Mrs. Sampiano’s practice includes litigation, arbitration and mediation, labor, and intellectual property rights.
Mrs. Sampiano’s experience in litigation vary from civil, criminal and administrative litigation, estate proceedings, family court cases, arbitration and mediation. The litigation practice includes rendering legal advice; providing risk assessment and risk management; attending hearings; negotiating with parties; and managing relevant stakeholders. She has appeared in cases before the regular trial courts, the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center Inc., the Construction Industry Arbitration Commission, the Insurance Commission, the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board, the Social Security System, and Professional Regulation Commission.
In her labor practice, Mrs. Sampiano has handled labor litigation involving cases filed with the NLRC, POEA and NCMB, and labor matters such as DOLE inspection proceedings, collective bargaining negotiations, union strikes and lockouts, and employee disability claims. She has likewise rendered numerous legal advice on the management and mitigation of risks arising from execution of business development plans and operational changes with employee-relations impact.
As part of the Intellectual Property practice, Mrs. Sampiano has handled the processing and issuance of patent certificates for inventions, utility models, and industrial designs. She has also assisted clients in the filing, maintenance and protection of their trademark, including the filing of Declarations of Actual Use and pursuing or defending their claims in infringement cases.
Mrs. Sampiano also has experience in aviation law, including attending and prosecuting cases filed before the Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB). She has likewise assisted clients in filing with the CAB fare rates and adjustments and applications for authority to operate aircrafts. Her experience in aviation law likewise involves investigating, on behalf of foreign clients, insurance claims and rendering advice on claim liability.
Mrs. Sampiano has also handled corporate matters (specifically due diligence and corporate housekeeping), and civil and criminal litigation (including corporate rehabilitation).”
For a brief period, Mrs. Sampiano joined A. Magsaysay Inc., where she served as Legal Manager and internal counsel for Magsaysay Maritime Corporation handling employments disputes, contracts, disability claims, and government compliance and registration. She also held the position of internal counsel for Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Magsaysay Multipurpose Cooperative, and People Serve Multipurpose Cooperative.